FOURTH: The Corporation is formed for the following purpose or purposes:
- To promote and coordinate the collaborative and cooperative use of technology by and among colleges, high schools, public schools, community school districts, public and school libraries, health care facilities, government offices, businesses, health and educational professionals, other educational and community service organizations and community residents, for the benefit of the collaborating organizations, their clients, and community residents.
- To provide advanced telecommunications facilities and related services to participating organizations, either directly or through agreements and contracts with third party providers, and, in connection therewith, to provide data, voice, and video links to support, strengthen and expand services, including distance learning, teleconsulting between and among medical professionals, professional development, in-service training, collaborative research, and access to shared databases, including the Internet/ World Wide Web.
- In furtherance of the foregoing, to act as the local provider of telecommunications services and provide a local access point, technical assistance, and training facilities in order to assist participating organizations in providing access to technology, including both physical access, particularly for persons with disabilities, and network planning and designing, technology implementations, monitoring and controlling network topology.
- To apply for and receive grants to fund all or a portion of the foregoing purposes,
- To receive and administer funds, hold and own property, and to do any other lawful thing, incidental to, connected with or useful, suitable or proper for the furtherance or accomplishment of the foregoing purposes.
- To have in furtherance of its not-for-profit corporate purposes, all of the powers conferred upon corporations organized under the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law subject to any limitations thereof contained in the Certificate of Incorporation or in the laws of the State of New York.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Articles, the Corporation shall not carry on any activities or have or exercise any powers not permitted to be carried on or exercised by a corporation exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.